For this to be a realistic option you must have a love for computers, websites and design. If you are only doing it to save money then you should definitely think twice before starting. Building a DIY website that looks great and ranks well in the search engines is definitely a possibility but only if you are prepared to spend a lot of time reading, learning and putting in the hard yards. One thing that makes this possible is that there is so much great free information online. Maybe web design companies basically lay their design and SEO secrets out for all to see – why? Because they know how long the learning curve is and how most people will end up saying “just build it for me”.
- Once you have learnt how to do it, you can repeat it over and over again.
- Cost, keep it as low as possible
- Control, you will have full control
- Your Time, it will eat into all of your spare time
- Project Length, it will take at least 5 times as long as you think
- Quality, your first website will always have limitations